Tuesday, September 4, 2007

The Bug on the Ceiling

The other night, Danni was in her usual habit of calling me back into her room after I have tucked her into bed. When I heard her little voice calling me for the third time, I was a little annoyed. I marched into her room, ready to lecture her on the bedtime proceedure yet again, when she said, "Mommy, there's a bug on the ceiling". I looked above her bed and sure enough there was a tiny moth on the ceiling. I had no desire to climb up there, so in an attempt to save time I told her, "It is just a piece of dirt". She looked at me completely nonplussed for a good 5 seconds, then stated, "The dirt is walking." I was laughing so hard, as I gave in and climbed up after the moth. I guess she wasn't fooled!!

5 comments:

dustin and amy said...

Yea, I am sooooo excited that you finally did it. I can't wait to see all your updates and cute pictures of the family. I need to teach you how to link to Karissa and I, if you haven't already figured it out.

Mauzy Fam said...

Hey Tenay -
Found your blog through Amys. Love the story of Danni. That is hilarious! I laughed my head off.
Tamra

Leslie said...

Hello Johnsons! We miss our favorite neighbors!! What are you guys up to and where in gilbert are you living? Your kids are so grown up and cute! Hope to hear from you!

Kari said...

Hi Tenay- It's Kari Cook. I just saw that you have a blog. how fun! It's great to catch up with your cute family through these blogs! I love the moth story. Isn't it funny that kids just can't be fooled? :) Our blog is www.famofcookies.blogspot.com :)

Shepherds said...

You have been TAGGED! Go and read my blog and see what I mean!